2022 Southeastern CT Home and Garden Show Speaker Application
We appreciate your interest in becoming a speaker at the Southeastern CT Home and Garden Show and you may be a perfect fit in our line up of featured speakers! Complete the application below, emphasizing your expertise on home improvement and gardening topics relevant in the Southeastern Connecticut area.
We are accepting online applications now!
Show date & location:
- Southeastern CT Home & Garden Show – Uncasville, CT (February 11-13, 2022)
Please review the following information and requirements regarding the application process before submitting the online speaker application below.
- In each speaker session we are looking to inform, educate and hopefully engage the exhibitors, participants and visitors of the 2020 SECT Home and Garden Show Expo on the following topics:
- Home Improvement & Home Renovation
- Kitchen Design & Remodeling
- Bathroom Design & Remodeling
- Basement Design & Remodeling
- Home Remodel Ideas
- Home Decor Ideas from Interior Designers
- New Construction
- New England Home Care
- DIY Remodeling Demos (for bathroom, kitchens, flooring, etc)
- DIY Home Repair
- Landscaping & Garden
- Garden Designs
- Backyard Designs
- Landscape Design
- Lawn Care
- Lawn Aerating
- Flower Gardens & Growing
- Vegetable Gardens & Growing
- DIY Gardening Demos
- Landscaping & Gardening Tool Demos
- Preference will be given to presentations including content that has not been previously presented in this market
- Home Improvement & Home Renovation
- Garden and home improvement show speakers will include:
- those with experience speaking at home and garden events and first time speakers as well
- those who come from a diverse range of geographic areas
- Presentations should be designed to last approximately 30 minutes (depending on the topic, the structure of the session and the number of speakers)
- Following each 30-minute presentation will be an audience Q&A session lasting approximately 15 minutes
- The Jenks CT event manager will also assemble panel-style sessions and may ask that you alter your presentation to fit this type of session
- Speakers MUST obey the “no pitching” policy
- Presentations are meant to be educational/ informational and cannot include content on the speaker’s professional background, personal expertise and/or company history
- Selected speakers will receive an email notification approximately 2 months prior to the event
- Speakers must agree to follow specific guidelines for creating their presentation and compiling PowerPoint slides
- These guidelines will be included in your notification email
- Jenks Productions reserves the right of final approval on all content and may require revisions
- Jenks Productions does not provide speaker stipends or travel reimbursements
- This helps us keep ticket prices low and accessible to the broadest audience for the event and your session
- Important Tips:
- Submissions will not be accepted without a bio and headshot (other required fields are noted on the application below), so make sure you have everything together before filling out the form
- Remember the no-pitch policy – your session description should communicate what your presentation will contribute to the expo and what attendees will learn from you
- All of our trade shows, conventions and expos are focused on the home improvement and garden markets they are held in. Any content for the 2020 SECT Home and Garden Show should at least acknowledge the Connecticut climate and preferred home materials or lawn/ garden plants, grass and flowers.
Home & Garden Show Speaker Session Application Form
This online form is the ONLY method we will use for evaluating speakers and content.
If you have questions regarding the form or speaker sessions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, NO solicitation calls or emails.
A copy of your form responses will be sent via email to the email address you provide.